You all can download SDK from : Bing Map Silverlight Control SDK
Demo : Interactive SDK
Important : Its free and simple to work on
- Silverlight 3 Setup + Visual Studio + Expression (this is optional)
- Bing Map Silverlight Control SDK ( link provided above)
Step by Step procedure to make the primary silverlight bing application
– Once downloading the SDK, run the SDK.
– There will be the CHM file for the same which will launch automatically or you can go to the start menu and under ” Bing Map Silverlight control” you will see the CHM file. ( Everything is listed inside this CHM)
– Before going further you have to get the ” Bing Map Developer Account” ( click on this link to go there). But, wait. It will ask you to enter the (hotmail/Live id) to login.
– Click the “Create Account link” . Once login into through your account.You will be asked to fill up the form.
– Fill the form, its easy.
– Click on “Create or View Keys” , this will in turn ask you to fill the “application name and url“. Dont worry, you can provide any application name ( I have given my application name as – MyBingMapApp) and Url where you want this. For Testing purpose you can provide any URL( Specific URL is recommended though)
– Once done you got the key. Copy this Key somewhere , because we are going to use it later and its important. Dont share this key with any other.
– Now as usual you have create the normal Silvelright Application Project. Go to Visual Studio and create the Silverlight Application and give it a name.
– Now to get the Bing Map in your application , you have to give reference to the following two dll’s : Microsoft.Maps.MapControl.Common.dll & Microsoft.Maps.MapControl.dll .
Location for these files is under ( Program Files>Bing Maps>Silverlight Control> v1> libraries) or where ever you have installed the SDK.
– Now, you need to include the namespace in xaml – “xmlns:BingMap=”clr-namespace:Microsoft.Maps.MapControl;assembly=Microsoft.Maps.MapControl”
– Type following line in XAML <BingMap:Map CredentialsProvider=”Your Key Here”/> ( here you have to keep the key which we have got before)
Run this application and you are done.
Nothing special in that.. right???
Dont worry , you can also handle and play with events – like you can place videos and images and also can keep the different layout like ariel vie and road map view in one UI, and many other things….
These things are available in its CHM and also in their interactive SDK ( link given above) ..
For now enjoy with this…. will be back with the step by step prcedure for these events playing….